Online window treatment retailer Blinds Chalet released its list of "Top Five Window Treatments for Spring."
The common thread for the top five is glare reduction that can contribute to more energy-efficient homes.
The top five window treatments for spring, along with descriptions from Gilbert, Ariz.-based Blind Chalet, are:
1. Solar Screen Shades: "Solar screen shades come in a variety of openness factors for the ultimate light control. They effectively eliminate glare while maintaining views. By reducing the amount of light and heat entering a room, solar screen shades cut energy costs and reduce the need for air conditioning. These window treatments can be paired with a privacy liner for privacy."
2. Soft Sheer Shades: "These window treatments come in light filtering or total privacy options. They are made of durable nylon and polyester. While they offer a soft, summery appearance to the eye, they are in fact, very durable. They offer excellent light control and are Greenguard certified."
3. Bamboo Shades or Woven Wood Shades: "These are prefect for letting warm breezes filter through the home while effectively blocking the sun’s harsh rays. They can be paired with a privacy liner for better energy efficiency. Bamboo shades come in a variety of stains and patterns for a uniquely exotic feel."
4. Roller Shades: "Roller Shades are now soft to the touch. The classic lines of a roller shade are paired with the beauty of soft, drapery style fabrics. They come in light filtering, blackout and sunscreen fabrics for both privacy and light control. There is a vast collection of intriguing textures, weaves and colors that range from traditional to contemporary."
5. Honeycomb Cellular Shades: "While these window treatments are best known for their insulating powers during the winter, they offer comparable insulating powers against the heat of the sun. Some varieties qualify for a federal tax rebate. They also come in top-down, bottom-up varieties to allow you as much of a view or as much privacy as you like."