- NextGen home at 2011 IBS donated to veteran
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Passing the gavel in Savannah
- Organizational shake-up at Stock Building Supply
- TW Perry named HCN Pro Dealer of the Year
- Myrtle Beach store offers owner second chance
- ProDealer Industry Summit kicks off in San Antonio
Myrtle Beach, S.C., police arrested a woman at a local Lowe’s store after she was detained by a loss prevention officer with a purse full of power tool accessories, according to a report by WMBF-News.
The unnamed suspect was arrested Nov. 15 after she walked out of the store on Seaboard Street with 14 boxed saw blades, a drill bit and one pair of Mechanix Wear gloves. Together, the items were valued at $180. The Lowe’s loss prevention officer said he had observed her placing the merchandise in her purse.
The suspect told police she stole the items because she needed the money, according to the news report. She was arrested for shoplifting and taken to the Myrtle Beach jail.