- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- On TAP: Insulation as pest control
- Knauf Insulation files patent infringement suit
- The Rockwool Group signs distribution deal with Lowe’s in the U.S.
- CertainTeed expands Sustainable Insulation
- EPA puts spray foam insulation under spotlight
- New American Home to entertain at IBS
Houston-based Quanex Building Products Corp. has agreed to purchase Edgetech I.G., a maker of warm edge insulating glass spacer systems for window and door customers in North America and abroad. The all-cash transaction, valued at $107 million, is expected to close on April 1.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Ohio, Edgetech has three manufacturing plants in the United States, Germany and the U.K. Edgetech’s products separate and seal double and triple pane glass within a window and further act as a thermal barrier to conserve energy. It will be part of Quanex’s engineered products group.
Quanex Building Products is a publicly held manufacturer of engineered materials, components and systems, serving the U.S residential window and door markets.