- Porter-Cable router recalled over shock risk
- Lithonia Lighting recalls over 1 million emergency lights
- Ace Hardware recalls LED clamp light
- Wolf Steel recalls Napoleon Propane Gas Fireplaces
- Halco recalls LED bulbs over burn hazards
- Nest recalls 440,000 smoke alarms
- Products recalled over amputation hazards
Blind manufacturers and consumer advocates don't see eye-to-eye when it comes to blinds and child safety, according to an article in Thursday's New York Times.
The task force created by the Consumer Products Safety Commission and manufacturers to find a solution to the problem of child strangulation is hoping to offer a plan this fall. But the article reports that negotiations are off to a rocky start.
About 12 children per year strangle on window treatment cords, according to the article.