- Up the scale
- Maytag’s new face: Meet Maytag Man
- Joseph Liotine named president, U.S. operations at Whirlpool
- Whirlpool: 'Mission accomplished' on trade issue
- Whirlpool elects Gerri Elliott to its board
- Whirlpool to use Honeywell's Solstice Liquid Blowing Agent
- Whirlpool welcomes ruling in pricing lawsuit
Whirlpool reported record earnings in 2013 for the full-year and three months ended Dec. 31, with net earnings more than doubling over 2012.
2013's net earnings of $827 million more than doubled 2012's $401 million. Additionally, fourth-quarter earnings of $181 million were 48.4% above year-ago figures.
Overall, net sales for the appliance manufacturer were $18.8 billion for the year -- a 3.5% improvement -- and $5.09 billion for the quarter, up 6.2% year-over-year.
"The strong execution of our plans resulted in a record year of earnings," said Jeff M. Fettig, chairman and CEO of Whirlpool Corporation. "We continue to grow revenue, expand margins and increase our investment capacity, positioning us well as we enter 2014."