- Jobs report brings mixed messages
- The home channel's seeing green
- Ames True Temper has a new name: The AMES Companies
- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- With acquisition, PrimeSource points to U.S. jobs
- Data show drop in appliance shipment values
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser has warned of possible closures and curtailments in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.
“Market conditions for wood products have not improved in the third quarter,” the company said in its filing. “The ongoing weak market conditions will likely result in further actions by the company to balance supply with demand through closures, curtailments and restricted operating postures at the company's Wood Products facilities.”
The company said that markets for its cellulose fibers and containerboard, packaging and recycling segments continue to improve.