- In Minnesota, a retailer reaches for Congress
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Weyerhaeuser expands Ply Gem offering
- Weyerhaeuser is moving HQ to Seattle
- Knowledge is power at Searing
- PACOA reports on Fall Dealer Market
- BlueLinx to distribute Weyerhaeuser products in Southeast
Federal Way, Washington-based Weyerhaeuser introduced SturdiStep stair treads as an alternative to pine.
SturdiStep treads are manufactured to be flat, straight, precise and free of knots, and they are the only wood stair treads to carry a warranty (30 years) against delamination, cupping, warping and splitting.
“Each SturdiStep tread is uniform, flat and stable -- consistency that traditional solid-wood treads just can’t promise,” said Jody Dedmon, market development manager for Weyerhaeuser. “The potential monetary savings and quality improvement should resonate with any builder who has had to deal with callbacks due to squeaks and uneven surfaces.”
SturdiStep treads are durable enough to withstand the demands of normal construction delays, eliminating the cost and hassle of installing and replacing temporary treads. Low-moisture content also means fewer squeaks due to shrinkage, the company said.