- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- Weyerhaeuser bolsters James Hardie offering in Minnesota
- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
Weyerhaeuser reported net earnings of $157 million for the third quarter, compared with net earnings of $117 million for the same period last year.
Net sales for the third quarter totaled $2.2 billion, compared with net sales of $1.8 billion for the third quarter of 2012.
“Solid operating results in the quarter contributed to a significant improvement in our year-over-year earnings,” said Doyle Simons, president and CEO.“In the quarter, we also closed on our previously announced acquisition of Longview Timber and are actively engaged in leveraging our silviculture, logistics and marketing expertise to realize the full potential of this valuable asset. We will continue to focus on improving performance in all of our businesses and generating additional value for our shareholders.”
Total net sales in its Timberlands segment totaled $547 million in the third quarter, up from $499 million in its second quarter of 2013. Net sales in its Wood Products segment totaled $1.05 billion, compared with $1.08 billion in its second quarter. In its Cellulose Fibers segment, net sales were $474 million, compared with $476 million in the second quarter. Net sales in its Real Estate segment totaled $324 million, up from $267 million in its second quarter of 2013.