- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Lumber prices help boost numbers at Weyerhaeuser
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
Forest products giant Weyerhaeuser has named Larry Burrows to the position of president and CEO of Weyerhaeuser Real Estate, effective March 31.
Burrows currently serves as president of Winchester Homes, Weyerhaeuser’s home-building operation in the Washington, D.C., area. In his new role, Burrows will oversee five local real estate companies and the company’s builder financing operation.
“The real estate business represents an important business for Weyerhaeuser and one where we envision future growth,” said Daniel Fulton, who is retiring as president and CEO of the real estate division. “Larry’s 32 years in the industry gives him the experience necessary to lead us through these current challenging market conditions while positioning us for that growth.”