- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Weyerhaeuser expands Ply Gem offering
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- BlueLinx to distribute Weyerhaeuser products in Southeast
- HCN Stock Watch: Mostly red
- Boise Cascade adds former Weyerhaeuser, Buckeye execs to board
Weyerhaeuser has announced several changes to its senior management team.
Cathy Slater has been named senior VP Oriented Strand Board, Engineered Lumber Products and Distribution, effective immediately. Slater brings more than 25 years of forest industry experience, including leadership positions in the company’s Cellulose Fibers and Wood Products businesses.
Adrian Blocker has been named senior VP Lumber, effective immediately. Blocker joined Weyerhaeuser in May 2013 as VP Lumber. He brings more than 30 years of experience, including forestland management, fiber procurement, consumer packaging, and wood products manufacturing of lumber, plywood and laminated veneer lumber.
Larry Burrows, senior VP Wood Products, will retire on Oct. 31, 2013.
Slater and Blocker will report to Doyle Simons, president and CEO.
“Both Adrian and Cathy bring manufacturing expertise and tremendous focus on results to their new roles,” Simons said. “I look forward to working directly with each of them as we continue to drive operational excellence in our Wood Products businesses.”
Weyerhaeuser also announced the retirement of Miles Drake, chief technology officer and senior VP Research and Development. Effective immediately, the company’s R&D organization will report directly to Shaker Chandrasekaran, senior VP Cellulose Fibers.