- There’s no place like home
- Weyerhaeuser's Simons says innovation will win
- Boise Cascade appoints Karen Gowland to its board
- China Ceramics announces board member resignations
- Weyerhaeuser appoints Rhonda Hunter as SVP Timberlands
- Weyerhaeuser has a new VP Southern Timberlands
- Denise Merle named SVP HR at Weyerhaeuser
Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser Co. announced that Doyle Simons, 48, will join its board of directors, effective June 29.
Simons' appointment follows the departure of Arnold Langbo, who retired from Weyerhaeuser's board in 2011.
"Doyle has extensive knowledge of the forest industry and the business segments in which Weyerhaeuser operates," said Chuck Williamson, chairman of Weyerhaeuser's board of directors. "I'm excited about the insight and skills he will bring to the board."
Simons served as CEO and chairman of Temple-Inland from 2008 until February 2012 when it was acquired by International Paper Co. Prior to that role, he held a number of senior management positions with Temple-Inland. He joined the company in 1992.