- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser steps up stair innovation
- Weyerhaeuser's Rettig to head sales for Tru Joist
- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
- Weyerhaeuser reshuffles its leadership team
Weyerhaeuser ranked as the “Most Admired Company” in the Forest and Paper Products category of Fortune Magazine’s annual rankings of large U.S. companies, published online on March 7. International Paper came in second.
Listed as “contenders” were Domtar, Boise, Universal Forest Products and AbitibiBowater.
Home improvement retailers came under the rubric of “Specialty Retailer: Diversified,” where Costco took the top spot. Home Depot was the second “Most Admired Company.” Lowe’s came in fourth.
Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” list is compiled from a database of roughly 1,400 of the nation’s largest companies (by revenue). Fortune then uses The Hay Group to survey approximately 15,000 senior executives, outside directors and other major non-U.S. companies and financial analysts. Companies are rated on innovation, people management, use of corporate assets, social responsibility, quality of management, financial soundness, long-term investment and quality of products/services.