- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- Weyerhaeuser bolsters James Hardie offering in Minnesota
- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
Weyerhaeuser is exploring the sale of its Oriented Polymer Composites (OPC) technology, the company announced this week.
Weyerhaeuser’s initial business plan for the OPC platform focused on the high margin exterior trim market, with a secondary product offering in fencing. The company’s research indicates the technology can also be used for decking and related products.
Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser is one of the world’s largest forest products companies, with $16.3 billion in sales in 2007.