- Wolseley seeks Swiss headquarters
- Ace bolsters loyalty program with Visa
- Weyerhaeuser sells Containerboard Packaging and Recycling business
- Weyerhaeuser earnings down 55 percent
- Weyerhaeuser earnings fall 89.3 percent in Q2
- Weyerhaeuser warns of impending cutbacks
- Weyerhaeuser names real estate head
Weyerhaeuser is exploring the sale of its Oriented Polymer Composites (OPC) technology, the company announced this week.
Weyerhaeuser’s initial business plan for the OPC platform focused on the high margin exterior trim market, with a secondary product offering in fencing. The company’s research indicates the technology can also be used for decking and related products.
Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser is one of the world’s largest forest products companies, with $16.3 billion in sales in 2007.