- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- BlueLinx to distribute Weyerhaeuser products in Southeast
- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- Weyerhaeuser steps up stair innovation
Weyerhaeuser has added the capability to manufacture specialty oriented strand board (OSB) using high-performance MDI adhesives at its OSB plant in Arcadia, La. The mill can now produce Weyerhaeuser Edge Gold floor panels, a subfloor product designed to resist edge swell for smooth, even floors. The MDI capabilities also enable potential production of furniture grade OSB and rimboard.
"Converting to MDI allows Arcadia to produce higher quality OSB and gives us the ability to respond to customer needs by providing a wider variety of products not previously available close to southern U.S. markets," said Curtis Rhodes, Arcadia plant manager for Weyerhaeuser. "Plus, the curing properties of MDI allow the press to run faster, which increases our throughput."
Weyerhaeuser Edge Gold floor panels are engineered to help builders construct flat and stable floors in homes, multi-family projects and light commercial construction. In 2012, Weyerhaeuser also started adding patented Down Pore self-draining technology to the panels to drain water off during construction.