- Weyerhaeuser's Rettig to head sales for Tru Joist
- Weyerhaeuser steps up stair innovation
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Weyerhaeuser posts a strong 2013
- CNRG goes West with Parkrose Hardware
- Northwest Hardwoods up for sale again
- Weyerhaeuser closes the deal on WRECO merger
Federal Way, Wash.-based Weyerhaeuser Co. has completed the sale of its hardwoods business to American Industrial Partners.
Total proceeds from the sale will be approximately $108 million.
Assets included in the transaction are located in Tuscumbia, Ala.; Elkhart, Ind.; Grand Rapids and Lewiston, Mich.; Brainerd, Minn.; Coos Bay, Eugene and Garibaldi, Ore.; Titusville, Pa.; Arlington, Centralia and Longview, Wash.; and Dorchester and Onalaska, Wis.
The business manufactures and distributes appearance lumber and plywood for use in cabinets, moldings, architectural millwork, panel furniture and retail boards. It also makes material for use in pallet cants and ties.