- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- Former Weyerhaeuser exec joins Best Bath Systems
- BlueLinx to distribute Weyerhaeuser products in Southeast
- DuPont Pioneer, Weyerhaeuser team for tech license agreement
- Weyerhaeuser now offering Interfor wood products
- Weyerhaeuser provides sustainability update
- HCN Stock Watch: Mostly red
Weyerhaeuser has announced that it will indefinitely close its iLevel Veneer Technologies facility in Colbert, Ga., effective immediately.
The closure will affect about 105 associates, who will be counseled on details regarding benefits. They will receive regular pay and benefits for 60 days, as provided by the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act.
“The demand for residential wood products continues to erode, and this announcement is a direct result of the business environment we face,” said Cathy Slater, vp-Veneer Technologies. “This was a very difficult decision. Our associates have done an excellent job of executing that which has been asked of them. This announcement is in no way a reflection of the performance by our associates.”
Weyerhaeuser employs about 875 people in Georgia at locations in Lyons, Oglethorpe, Americus, Madison and Port Wentworth.