- Snavely rolls out plans for Perennial Wood transition
- Mystery men of research: contractors
- Safety Works brings compliance to shelves
- PPG acquires Masterwork Paint Company
- New HQ in store for CertainTeed and Saint-Gobain
- After acquisition, PPG posts record numbers
- Armstrong pours $41 million into its Lancaster plant
Ladder maker Werner rolled out a new, compact three-piece aluminum extension ladder designed to get in and out of tight spaces.
The Greenville, Pa.-based company said the new line lets 16-ft. extension ladders go where they have never gone before -- around corners, through doors, in elevators and through narrow stairwells. The ladders provide the same reach as a standard extension ladder, but in a compact, easy-to-use design without compromising the quality, safety and reach of a traditional two-piece extension ladder.
In the closed position, the three-piece design makes the Compact Ladder 20% to 25% shorter than standard two-piece extension ladders, making it easier to transport and maneuver. Developed for homeowners and DIYers, the Type II, 225-lb. Compact Aluminum Extension Ladder features a 16-ft. model. Price points start at $159.00.