- New CEO enters spotlight in Chicago
- Tupperware Brands makes some executive appointments
- What not to say: Employees reveal pet peeves
- Eco Building Products sets sights on brushfire-prone Australia
- USG teams up with Boral Limited in joint venture
- GrainCorp CEO resigns upon rejection of $2 billion takeover bid
Werner has expanded its ladder empire through the acquisition of the Bailey Ladder business unit from Hills Holdings Limited. The move will help expand its presence in the Australia and New Zealand markets, where Bailey was the leading ladder manufacturer.
"This strategic acquisition will build on our global infrastructure and create additional value to grow our company for our employees, customers and shareholders," said William T. Allen, president and CEO at Werner Company.
Perviously, Werner had a presence in the Asia Pacific region through its climbing products. The addition of Bailey's ladders and climbing equipment promises to strengthen the company's stance, the company said.