- Weyerhaeuser's Rettig to head sales for Tru Joist
- Weyerhaeuser steps up stair innovation
- CNRG goes West with Parkrose Hardware
- Jerry Howard to speak at NLBMDA Spring Meeting & Legislative Conference
- Weyerhaeuser posts a strong 2013
- WOLF inks new deal with Capital Lumber
- Home development project set for Washington state
Welco Lumber has closed its Marysville, Wash.-based mill and laid off 57 workers, according to the (Everett, Wash.) Daily Herald newspaper. The newspaper said the mill is expected to close for an indefinite period of time.
The lumber company is a major manufacturer of Western red cedar picket fences. The company has headquarters in Tumwater, Wash., and additional facilities in Shelton, Wash., and Naples, Idaho.
Welco Lumber said poor market conditions were responsible for the closure.
The company distributes its products, which also include rails and posts, decking, siding and panels, to major retailers in the United States.