- Hardware Store All-Stars: Maine, Vermont and N.H.
- Commentary: The 'female-friendly' business
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Florida, Georgia and Alabama
- Hartmann to appear on 'Undercover Boss'
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Texas, New Mexico and Colorado
- Feeney opens East Coast DC
- Open season on indoor rodents
A Canada-based franchise operation based on independently owned yard care companies continues to gain traction in the United States.
Founded in 1970 by an Ontario businessman, Weed Man branched into franchising in 1976. Each operation, which provides complete lawn care service (including fertilization, weed, insect and disease management, as well as aeration and seeding), is locally owned ad operated.
Weed Man entered the United States in 1995 through a licensing agreement with Turf Holdings Inc. Today, more than 13 subfranchisors help support more than 233 Weed Man operators across the United States. The company also operates franchises in the U.K.