- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution in Fresno, Calif. celebrates 35 years
- GE donates $10K to HomeAid
- Kelly-Moore Paints expands California footprint
- AZEK, Home Depot and OrePac get their hands dirty for disabled vets
- Depot advances its omnichannel agenda
- Pirch makes room for American Standard’s DXV line
In an interview with the Contra Costa Times, third-generation California retailer Bill Wygal shared some of the keys to the success of his family business. A major ingredient: Family values.
Bill’s Ace has stores in the California cities of Concord, Martinez and Pleasant Hill, and has been in continuous operation since 1948.
Secrets to success, according to the article, include hiring the right people and retaining them -- not easy in the retail business. It’s also critical to maintain a culture of strong customer service.
In the article, Wygal states: “I was fortunate to grow up with a family that did a variety of jobs. This and a desire to help people has created a business that has been around 66 years.”