- Golden Hammer Profile: STIHL
- Builders FirstSource acquires West Orange Lumber
- Beacon Roofing Supply acquires All Weather Products
- RILA has a word on union contract negotiations
- Lumber Liquidators releases new product catalog
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Delaware, Maryland and Virginia
- TRI Pointe moves into 7 new communities
The Window and Door Manufacturers Association's (2015) recently released Window and Entry Door 2014 U.S. Market Study shows continued growth for the residential window market through 2015.
The study, prepared, researched and analyzed by Metrostudy and the Virginia Center for Housing Research at Virginia Tech, forecasts overall residential window market growth of 9.1% for 2014 and 8.3% for 2015. This follows market growth of 10% in 2013.
From a product mix standpoint, in 2013 vinyl windows made up nearly 69% of the residential market, followed by wood clad windows at 20%.
The WDMA report delivers timely, detailed information on residential entry door, and residential and light commercial window market trends and product relationships; historic data for 2011 and 2012, and forecast data for 2014 through 2016. Forecasts are based on projections of construction activity as of May 2014. Also included in the report is data on ENERGY STAR 2013 production and market growth.