- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
- Hardware store all-stars: Idaho, Illinois and Indiana
- Lowe's launches recycling centers
- Beacon Roofing Supply reports sales declines
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
San Diego-based WD-40 is giving away Now & Then Twin Packs to help celebrate the 10-year anniversary of its WD-40 Fan Club.
Fans who share their top 10 uses for the lubricant receive the twin pack -- an 8-ounce collector's can from the 1950s and a modern 8-ounce smart straw can.
“It might sound funny to have a fan club for a product like ours, but when you talk with our regular end users, you realize they see it as both a hero product and a problem-solver,” said Tim Lesmeister, VP marketing for WD-40 Co. The feedback helps users share tips to solve problems, he added.
Since the Official WD-40 Fan Club originally launched in 2001, members have shared everything from product innovation ideas to uses for the product, which now total more than 2,000 on the Fan Club website. Today, the Fan Club has more than 100,000 members.