- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Ace posts sales and income gains in Q1
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Dealing with pain, looking for growth
- Buying Desk program to boost Hardware Show
Ace Hardware celebrated the grand opening of its new Suffolk Import Redistribution Center (RDC) with an official ribbon-cutting ceremony at the facility in Suffolk, Va.
Representatives from Ace Hardware including chief operating officer John Venhuizen and James Hatcher, board member and Ace retailer, delivered remarks at the grand opening event. Additionally, Linda Johnson, mayor of the City of Suffolk, as well as James Cheng, Secretary of Trade & Commerce for the Commonwealth of Virginia, thanked Ace for selecting Suffolk as the destination for its RDC.
The new 336,000-sq.-ft. facility will receive international goods arriving at the Port of Virginia and then re-distribute them to eight Ace Hardware Retail Support Centers -- improving the co-op’s efficiency especially for East Coast retailers, the company said.
The facility broke ground last June.