- Citing fire hazard, Viking recalls refrigerator freezers
- Seasonal Specialties recalls pre-lit Christmas trees
- Ace Hardware recalls LED clamp light
- RSI recalls bathroom cabinets sold at Home Depot
- MAT Industries recalls air compressors
- Yankee Candle recalls Candle Ring
- Motion-activated outdoor lights recalled
Viking Range is expanding its previous recall of Viking built-in 36-in. wide refrigerators with bottom freezers, previously recalled in 2009 and recently renewed due to 39 additional reports of falling refrigerator doors.
Twelve of these reports involved bodily injury (fractures, bruises, strains and cuts), and 25 involved property damage. The 39 recent reports are in addition to the 57 that led to the initial recall.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission is urging consumers with faulty doors to contact Viking for a free in-home repair.
"Consumers should stop using the recalled refrigerators if the door does not appear to be sealed properly, the door is sagging or it fails to open or close normally," stated the CPSC. "If the door is working properly, consumers can continue to use the refrigerator until it has been repaired."
The recall affects approximately 31,000 units with serial numbers 110105 - 081012 (model numbers DDBB363, DDBB536, DTBB363, DFBB363, DFBB536 and FDBB5361) and 110105 - 080512 (model numbers VCBB363, VCBB536, VCBB5361, VIBB363 and VIBB536).