- Ohio lawmakers recognize Klinker's
- Irwin Tools adds new Vise-Grip Pliers
- Troy-Bilt brings Jet leaf blower to Lowe's
- Wedge joins BMC to lead window sales
- Floor Covering group appoints director
- Briggs & Stratton unveils new SnowShredder serrated auger
- LP collaborates with Valspar on new CanExel colors
Valspar is one of a handful of suppliers tapped to receive a John Deere supplier innovation award for 2013, which is awarded to suppliers who "demonstrate innovation" in a product or service provided to John Deere.
“We are honored to receive the John Deere supplier innovation award,” said Jason Bolz, Valspar’s director of global heavy machinery. “This award confirms our commitment to innovation that our customers value, and customer value is the ultimate metric we use to define success. To be recognized by a leader like John Deere is true validation of our commitment to innovation excellence.”
John Deere recognized Valspar for its Valde ECP, a two-coat powder coating system that only needs to be cured once but is especially edge-corrosion-resistant.
"The net impact is a lean and low-cost mechanism to deliver the corrosion performance required by the heavy machinery industry," explained a prepared statement.
The award selection criteria includes creativity, feasibility, collaboration and bottom-line impact. John Deere has been giving out the awards since 2010.