- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- KB Home debuts new energy storage solutions
- Panasonic earns Energy Star prize
- What’s a PCT? A hot product, says researcher
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- Columbia Lighting tackles low ceiling LED needs
A nationwide green remodeling program is being launched by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in partnership with the American Society of Interior Designers. Called Regreen, the program has developed a set of best practices to guide contractors and homeowners taking a “whole house” approach to remodeling existing homes.
The guidelines, now in draft form, incorporate energy efficiency, sustainability and green design. Separate Web sites will direct professionals and consumers to appropriate resources for green home renovations. The final guidelines will be released in March 2008. They can be viewed at www.regreenprogram.org.