- At PDIS: Conversations with award winners
- Zarsky Lumber: It’s better in Texas
- Editor’s Notebook: The NLBMDA goes to Washington
- Passing the gavel in Savannah
- Sears Appliance & Hardware sets sights on smaller format
- ProDealer Industry Summit kicks off in San Antonio
- Home Depot begins major expansion on Dallas DC
U.S. Concrete expanded its presence in Texas via the acquisition assets belonging to Bodin Concrete, L.P. Redi-Mix, LLC, a subsidiary of U.S. Concrete, will acquire three of Bodin's ready-mixed concrete plants.
The plants, located in Wylie, Rockwall and Forney, Tex., complement Redi-Mix's exsiting presence in the Dallas/Forth Worth area.
"With the continued residential market recovery and the anticipated commercial and infrastructure growth, we have long desired a presence in the eastern corridor," said U.S. Concrete president and CEO William J. Sandbrook. "We are extremely pleased to welcome these new operations to the Redi-Mix group and expect them to be important additions to our ability to service the expanding Dallas market."
Though U.S. Concrete specializes in both ready-mixed concrete and aggregate products, only seven of its 122 facilities focus on the latter.