- Ace repackages private label hardware
- The philosophy of house brands on display in Boston
- Generation Growth Capital to sell Martell Construction
- PRO Group conference met with enthusiasm
- Handy Hardware dealers return to business in San Antonio
- Newell Rubbermaid to sell Hardware business for $214 million
- New York investors purchase large Florida agribusiness
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Friday morning reported the lowest national unemployment rate since March 2009.
The November rate of 8.6% is down 0.4 percentage points from 9.0% in October. A year ago, the unemployment rate stood at 9.8%, according to the bureau.
The employment situation report showed that the private sector added 140,000 jobs, as employment rose in a number of service-providing industries. Government employment continued to trend down.
Since reaching an employment trough in December 2009, retailers have added an average of 14,000 jobs per month. However, construction employment showed little movement in November. Employment in the construction industry has shown little change, on net, since early 2010.