- Ferguson buys appliance dealer
- DuraLife signs with upper Midwest distributor
- BrassCraft packages new brand strategy
- At Blain's, Jane Blain Gilbertson named chief
- Art's Way hires Bryant Phillips as group VP
- Newell Rubbermaid opens Design Center in Michigan
- At Menards, Crestline reports wider offering
Menards continues its expansion in the midwestern United States with a new store, offering groceries in far-eastern Iowa, and another supersized location planned in central Michigan.
The Menards store in Muscatine, Iowa, opened earlier this month. The location replaces a smaller Menards store formerly located in a local mall, according to a report in the Muscatine Journal.
The Iowa location includes an indoor lumberyard and a selection of Serta mattresses. The “mega store” offers a broad grocery section in addition to hardware and LBM products, including milk, eggs, snacks and frozen pizza.
Alocation in Ionia, Mich., is slated to open in February. Other nearby Menards stores are located in Grand Rapids and Lansing, Mich. Hiring is expected at the Ionia location in December, according to the Ionia Sentinel-Standard.
Other recent locations include a 240,000-square-foot store slated for 2009 in Quincy, Ill. That store also will sell groceries. Quincy, Ill. is located on the far western border of Illinois near Hannibal, Mo.