- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Market Recap: RISI Crow's Construction Materials Cost Index
- Sold: Handy Hardware to Littlejohn
- At PCBC, looking ahead to sustainability
- At International Builders' Show, a smarter show home
- International Builders' Show kicks off in Orlando
- Wood -- all wood -- promoted as green by USDA
EcoBlu Products, the developer of a water repellent technology called Red Shield, has signed an exclusive arrangement with Calvert Co. to produce and private label its current line of glulam beams.
The newly developed RedShield coating also features mold, wood rot, termite and fire protection, according to EcoBlu. Red Beam is currently shipping through wholesale channels throughout the United States, and Calvert Co. intends to introduce the glulam product into Japan, China and Korea, according to the announcement.
Founded in 1947, Calvert Co. is one of the oldest continuous glulam manufacturers in the United States, with two manufacturing plants in the Pacific Northwest, in Washougal and Vancouver, Washington.