- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- At International Builders' Show, a smarter show home
- True Value releases new 2-in-1 paint
- A mixed bag of home channel merchandise
- Lowe’s pulls ad from Muslim reality show, faces backlash
- Dunn-Edwards introduces new “hybrid” enamel paint
- Lowe's manager gets call from Obama
Durham, N.C.-based Trimaco, a paint sundry supplier, recently announced it has acquired the assets of Loparex’s specialty product operating unit, which markets paint masking products under the brand name Easy Mask.
The Easy Mask product line--– which first hit the market in 1959 -- will be added to Trimaco’s current line of masks, blades, masking papers and films, says Trimaco principal David May.
“It enhances and extends our masking category offerings for professional painters and for consumers, as well as gives Trimaco’s retail clients the opportunity to bundle products and thus increase their inventory turns,” May said.
As part of the deal, Scott Revord, who served as director of sales and marketing for the Loparex Specialty Product unit, joins Trimaco as technical sales director.
Easy Mask brand products, now available through Trimaco, include Easy Mask painting tape and KleenEdge Perfect Edge painting tape, plus a variety of other specialty painting tapes as well as pre-taped plastic drop cloths and drywall repair patches. All Easy Mask orders will now be processed through Trimaco’s customer service group in St. Louis.