- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Sales up, earnings down for Toro in Q1
- Tile Shop opens in Oklahoma City
- Hardware Store All-Stars: N.D., S.D. and Minn.
- ProDealer summit examines component business
- Toro launches centennial grant and donation programs
- Rust-Oleum Group acquires Citadel floor coatings business
The Toro Company's PrecisionSense site assessment system received high marks for innovation at the 2013 Tekne Awards, held by the Minnesota High Tech Association (MHTA) at the Minneapolis Convention Center on Nov. 6.
The company took home the 2013 Tekne Award for Agricultural Technology thanks to its use of mobile soil sensing and data collection technology to measure soil moisture, salinity, compaction, plant performance and more -- all aimed at utilizing water and resources more efficiently.
“With a constant focus on innovation and delivering value to customers, we are honored to receive this great recognition,” said Dana Lonn, managing director of Toro’s Center for Advanced Turf Technology. “It speaks to the hard work of all employees in our continuous effort to develop solutions that conserve resources, improve productivity and meet performance expectations.”
All in all, 16 companies across the manufacturing, agricultural, electronics and healthcare industries were recognized at the ceremony.