- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- The home channel's seeing green
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- Olympia unveils new line of lights, power solutions
- KB Home debuts new energy storage solutions
- A new king in the mattress business
Luxury home builder Toll Brothers has partnered with EchoFirst, a solar energy provider, to build new communities in Arizona that provide a complete solar energy system for water, heating and cooling. EchoFirst supplements conventional solar electric PV panels with solar thermal technology that generates electricity for hot water, as well as thermal energy for heating and cooling the home. This enables Toll Brothers to offer homes that use 70% to 80% less energy than a standard code-built home, according to the announcement.
“We’re focused on delivering superior energy monitoring and applications, and Echo was the clear choice in the Arizona market,” said Mark Bailey, VP of Toll Brothers. “We’re thrilled that buyers of Toll Brothers homes in new communities in Arizona --Stratland Estates in Gilbert and Wingate Ranch in Scottsdale -- can realize the tremendous benefits of Echo’s game-changing technology.”
Based in Fremont, Calif., Toll Brothers serves move-up, empty-nester, active-adult, and second-home buyers and operates in 19 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas and Virginia.