- New season, new strategies at HD, LOW
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- Starborn rolls out Deckfast Fascia Fastening System
- A sneak peek at DeWalt's new product lineup
- Blanco accepts design award
- US LBM grows in Brooklyn with Feldman Lumber
- Big Chill adds contemporary twist to its mid-century appliances
Wilmington, Ohio-based TimberTech expanded its fastening options by rolling out a stainless steel TopLoc fastener.
Most coastal regions require stainless steel fasteners to reduce the likelihood of corrosion that leads to rot and failure, according to the company. Stainless steel is able to withstand more inclement weather because it is less brittle than carbon steel.
“TopLoc’s tri-lobular design reduces compression within the board and the undercut head with three annular rings helps eliminate undesired mushrooming, spinout and end-splitting,” said Toby Bostwick, senior product manager. “Now, we have a product that combines these great attributes with a fastener that will create a long-lasting and aesthetically pleasing decking system.”