- Mahurin out at Orchard Supply Hardware
- In Home Depot, magazine takes bilingual approach
- Do it Best embraces farm, ranch and automation
- Research hones in on North American attitudes
- Home Depot points to holiday innovation
- Andersen promotes within its Renewal Division
- Wanted: Commitment from suppliers
Andrew de Vries has joined the Sustainable Forestry Initiative as VP conservation, indigenous and government relations. He will oversee the SFI conservation program in Canada and engage Native Americans, First Nations and Metis groups both in the development and use of the SFI standard.
He will also work with governments in Canada and Europe to ensure inclusive forest certification related policies.
"Andrew brings more than 20 years of wildlife conservation and natural resource management experience to SFI and will lead our forest conservation efforts in Canada," said Kathy Abusow, president and CEO. "His ability to work with a wide variety of forest owners and communities dependent on this valuable resource makes Andrew an excellent fit for the SFI program."
Most recently, de Vries was the Chief Biologist for the Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC), Canada's national forest industry trade association, where he led conservation and aboriginal engagement efforts, while also working on the development of government policies in these areas.