- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- On TAP: Insulation as pest control
- EPA puts spray foam insulation under spotlight
- Knauf Insulation files patent infringement suit
- CertainTeed expands Sustainable Insulation
- The Rockwool Group signs distribution deal with Lowe’s in the U.S.
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
Stock Building Supply has named Jeffrey Rea, a former Johns Manville executive, as its new CEO, effective immediately. Rea will replace Joe Appelmann, who left the company this week.
Rea most recently served as president of Tyco Electronics Specialty Products Group, which was comprised of four separate global businesses. While serving in this role, Rea implemented double-digit organic growth strategies, and led a significant increase in strategic investments and organization capability while delivering strong operational performance. Prior to joining Tyco Electronics, Rea was a senior executive at Johns Manville, where he rose from VP and general manager of the building insulation business to senior VP Johns Manville Building Products Group, which included the building insulation, performance materials and roofing systems businesses.
Before joining Johns Manville, Rea served 15 years in various leadership roles at General Electric, including five years on GE’s corporate audit staff.
Based in Raleigh, N.C., Stock operates LBM outlets in 21 markets across the United States and includes Coleman Floor Co., Smoot Lumber Co., Bison Building Materials and National Lock Center.