- Lowe's posts double-digit earnings growth
- Lowe’s marches to omnichannel drummer
- Stock Building Supply opens new Charlotte facility
- Lowe’s ordered to pay 2x4 settlement
- March’s Home-Improvement Madness
- Kidde recalls smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Coastal Shower Doors Releases Gridscape Shower Door Series
Raleigh, N.C.-based Stock Building Supply Holdings announced a plan Friday afternoon to go public.
The number of shares to be offered and the price range for the offering have not yet been determined.
Some of the biggest names on Wall Street are lined up to assist the transaction. Goldman, Sachs & Co., Barclays Capital Inc. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. will serve as joint bookrunning managers in the proposed offering. Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated will act as lead comanager, and Stephens Inc. and Wells Fargo Securities will act as co-managers.
Stock today operates 48 distribution and retail operations in 13 states. Private equity firm The Gores Group acquired a controlling interest in Stock in 2009, and acquired the remainder in November 2011.
According to an SEC filing, Stock Building Supply intends to use the net proceeds from this offering to pay approximately $60.0 million of the outstanding debt and to pay a fee of $9.0 million to Gores to terminate its management services agreement with Gores, and to use the remainder for working capital and general corporate purposes.