- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Ace's Motorcycle Mission rides again
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- 2012 Hardware Store All-Stars
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
Stanley Tools and Ace Hardware have partnered in the “Racing for a Miracle” campaign to raise money for Children’s Miracle Network, an organization that helps sick and injured children as well as the hospitals where they receive care.
Stanley made a flat $100,000 donation to CMN, and if Elliot Sadler -- driver of the No. 19 Stanley Tools Dodge Charger -- wins the 400-mile NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway on Aug. 17, Stanley will donate an additional $1 million to the cause.
In addition, on Aug. 1, a quarter palette of Stanley Tool items was sent to each Ace Hardware store announcing the promotion to customers and encouraging them to donate $1 or more to CMN at the checkout counter. In-store signage and a DVD of Sadler explaining the partnership between Stanley, Ace and CMN went to each store as well.
As part of the weekend's events, Sadler will visit Sparrow Hospital, the Children's Miracle Network area hospital in Lansing, Mich., on Aug. 14, where he will race remote control cars with young patients, sign autographs, tour the hospital and present a special miracle child with an award for winning a helmet design contest.