- Education and motivation at the ProDealer Industry Summit
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Myrick no longer with ProBuild Holdings
- Lowe's posts sales and earnings declines in Q1
- Demand for alternative decking to rise
- Report: Stanley Black & Decker puts a few brands on the block
It's the largest pledge to date for ToolBank USA, the non-profit organization that provides tools -- from hand tools to hoses -- to volunteer organizations working to improve their communities.
Stanley will pay ToolBank USA $1 million over the next five years.
"This donation is about helping a strong, smart organization to bring its phenomenal work to even more communities across the country," said Tim Perra, global communications director, Stanley Black & Decker.
ToolBank USA currently has affiliates in Atlanta, Charlotte and Baltimore, with expansion targeted to seven more cities over the coming year. ToolBank USA will continue to work collaboratively with non-profit organizations and their volunteers nationwide as partners working towards positive, effective community revitalization, it said.
"I am thrilled to count Stanley Black & Decker as an important strategic partner of ToolBank USA, one whose support has been integral since the national program's inception in 2008," said Corky Martin, Board President of ToolBank USA and product development merchant with The Home Depot.