- Sky's the limit: A look into windows & doors
- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Winners Circle
- Ben’s Supercenter announces Ace affiliation and expansion
- Beazer Homes nabs 15 Energy Star awards
- High-scoring LEED home completed in Miami Beach
- Smart Electric turns to Kickstarter to fund its bright idea
Standard Supply and Lumber, a 12-unit chain of lumberyards and showrooms in western Michigan, has announced the opening of a location devoted exclusively to FSC-certified wood products and eco-friendly kitchen and bath products. Located in Grand Valley/Standale, the combination lumberyard/showroom will provide a place where architects, builders, homeowners and others interested in green building projects can source all their products in a single place.
In addition to low-VOC adhesives, composite decking and cabinets and flooring made from sustainable resources, Standard Lumber and Lumber’s “Eco-Connections” will feature Energy Star windows and appliances.
“We are committing our company to the goals of the LEED green building rating system,” said Tim Rottschafer, president of Standard Lumber and grandson of the company founder.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Mich., the 104-year-old company also manufactures trusses, constructs post frame buildings, and installs windows, roofing and siding in the residential market.