- EPA puts spray foam insulation under spotlight
- Knauf Insulation files patent infringement suit
- At International Builders' Show, a smarter show home
- CertainTeed expands Sustainable Insulation
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- The Rockwool Group signs distribution deal with Lowe’s in the U.S.
- International Builders' Show kicks off in Orlando
Gaco Western, a maker of spray foam insulation, announced GacoGreen 052/052N earned credentials as code-compliant in a multiple categories.
An evaluation report (ESR# 2478) from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), provided evidence that the half pound open cell spray-applied polyurethane foam meets the following code requirements:
• Installation without a prescriptive thermal barrier when exposed surfaces are coated with DC 315 Fireproof Paint at a rate of 13 dry mils (20 wet mils) in accordance with the coating manufacturer's instructions and ESR# 2478.
• Installation without a prescriptive ignition barrier within attics or crawl spaces where entry is made only for service or maintenance when coated with DC 315 Intumescent Coating at a rate of 3 dry mils (4 wet mils) in accordance with the coating manufacturer's instructions and ESR# 2478.
GacoGreen 052/052N Half Pound Open Cell Foam is a Class 1 fire rated foam and meets the requirements of ICC-ES AC377 Acceptance Criteria for Foam Plastic Insulation. This water-blown, spray-applied system cures to a semi-rigid very low-density foam that forms a completely sealed air barrier that guards against air infiltration for the life of the building. With one of the highest Aged R-Values available in the industry, GacoGreen 052/052N helps reduce energy consumption and provides a quieter environment, the company said.