- Finally, a streak comes to an end!
- In Shanghai, a closer look at the Chinese consumer
- Fighting on every front
- Foreclosure filings up 75 percent in 2007
- Service rules: Hardware retailers stay in the game with attention to niche businesses and their customers
- Obituary: Harold Leviton, lighting industry innovator
- Industry Execs Converge at LBM Conference
Organizers of international trade fair spoga+gafa have adopted the motto "Time to grow," for their Sept. 4 to 6 event in Cologne, Germany.
The trade fair for the lawn and garden sector -- named for the German words for sports/leisure and garden -- is organized by Koelnmesse and held in Cologne, Germany.
Organizers point to almost 50% growth compared witth 2009. In gross exhibition space almost equivalent to 20 football pitches, around 1,700 suppliers from 53 nations are showing their product innovations covering all aspects of garden and leisure. From A for Argentina to V for Vietnam, suppliers from five continents are coming together in Cologne, according to organizers.
“The result has even exceeded our optimistic expectations,” said Metin Ergul, VP Koelnmesse. “In short that means: The whole world of gardening is once again represented at spoga+gafa."
Numerous leading brand suppliers also from the classic gafa segments have decided to present their new products and innovations at the leading international business platform. The most recent additions to the exhibitor lineup include U.S. hand tool manufacturer Stanley, Italian plant producer Vannucci, lawnmower and engine manufacturer Briggs & Stratton and the French luxury furniture manufacturer Ego Paris.