- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Home Depot names new Canadian chief
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
Atlanta-based Southern Casual Living bought the patio umbrella division of Southern Sales & Marketing.
"We see the umbrella market moving to more of a China 'factory direct' business model, so I sold this division," said Ken Harbaugh, majority shareholder of Southern Sales. " Some of the people moving over to the new company have been longtime associates with our company, and I wish them all the best. They know that I am available to help them at any time.”
Bill Browne, former VP sales for Southern Sales & Marketing Group, has been named president of Southern Casual Living, and Jason Bliss, former national account manager with Southern Sales, will serve as VP. Several other employees of Southern Sales & Marketing are making the move as well.
Jay Winkler has been appointed national account manager, Mary Mayberry has been appointed customer service manager, and Ross Boone will be the senior designer.
Browne said: “Southern Casual Living’s main concentration will be patio umbrellas. Our immediate focus will be quality control, shipping on time and complete for the 2012 season, while at the same time focusing our team on design and new product development for the 2013 season.”