- New season, new strategies at HD, LOW
- Starborn rolls out Deckfast Fascia Fastening System
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- Blanco accepts design award
- US LBM grows in Brooklyn with Feldman Lumber
- Big Chill adds contemporary twist to its mid-century appliances
- New Eco Home models showcase post-Sandy building standards
DeWalt is back this season with a bevy of new tools designed to tackle common pain points around the job sitie, including several new products just released this summer.
One of these includes the first-ever pocket knife from DeWalt, a folding model featuring a stainless steel blade that's designed for on-the-job tasks like removing strapping from lumber. The knife, which features a combination straight and serrated edge, hit shelves this July.
DeWalt's new Folding Auto-Load Knife saves time on the job by automatically loading a new blade when one dulls -- contractors can simply press the blade release button and click the new blade into place. The Auto-Load Knife can store up to three blades at a time.
Also new to the market is a new lineup of flexible hand saws designed for use in tight spaces, including a Double Edge Pull Saw, Flush Cut Backsaw and Single Edge Pull Saw.
Meanwhile, the new Multi-Level Wrokshop provides 22.5 gallons of storage space and 90 pounds of load capacity for heavy-duty transport. The four-level, mobile workstation sits on top of durable 8-inch rubber wheels that can stand up to rough terrain.