- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Rocky’s helps pets with food drive
- At Golden Hammer event: 'Retail is Detail'
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Beacon shifts HQ to its Herndon, Va., corporate offices
- Extreme makeover: Distribution edition
- Boston Cedar rolls out new product mix
Stealing merchandise from a home improvement store is not considered a minor crime in Massachusetts, where state police used three K-9 officers and ATVs to chase two suspected shoplifters through the woods on May 15.
According to an article in the Eagle-Tribune, police received a call from a Home Depot store in Salem, Mass., about a shoplifting incident where three men fled in a 2006 gray Chrysler. The suspects ditched the car near an apartment complex shortly after the incident. Massachusetts State Police were able to take one man into custody, but the two other suspects fled into nearby woods.
Three state police dogs were brought in, and Andover police assisted with an ATV unit to patrol the area. As of 7 p.m., the two suspects had not been found.