- The home channel's seeing green
- Jobs report brings mixed messages
- Pet appreciation plays at TSCO
- Matt Hocutt named national sales manager at Iron Doors Unlimited
- Data show drop in appliance shipment values
- With acquisition, PrimeSource points to U.S. jobs
- GAF starts production of Cornell insulation panels
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. of Berkshire Hathaway has announced plans to expand its hardwood floor manufacturing facility in South Pittsburg, Tenn.
Shaw plans to invest at least $40 million and hire over 25 new associates in response to growing demand for its Epic engineered flooring product, adding more than 60% capacity to its existing facility. Construction will begin later this year.
“The expansion of the South Pittsburg hardwood operation is an important component in our overall hardwood strategy," said Shaw chairman and CEO Vance Bell. "By investing in this plant and our other hardwood facilities, we are enhancing our ability to offer the widest product mix, the most innovative design, and the greatest quality and service to our customers."
The plant currently employs 200 people, 65 of which were added this year after Shaw increased the number of shifts at the facility.
The company also recently announced plans for a new carpet tile plant in Georgia, opened a carpet tile plant in China and implemented $26 million worth of technology and automation at its hardwood facilities in Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina.