- Snavely rolls out plans for Perennial Wood transition
- Mystery men of research: contractors
- Safety Works brings compliance to shelves
- New HQ in store for CertainTeed and Saint-Gobain
- PPG acquires Masterwork Paint Company
- Armstrong pours $41 million into its Lancaster plant
- Do it Best promotes Bob Gumash
We’re not making this up: The steamy, chick-lit best seller “Fifty Shades of Grey” has led to a niche market in at least one hardware store.
According to a segment on WCAU of Philadelphia, Penndel Hardware of Penndel, Pa., is seeing an increase in sales of products and materials used by characters in the novel about a relationship fueled by sadomasochism and bondage.
One of the key items in this niche: soft cotton rope. The store keeps a list of “Fifty Shades of Grey” items behind the counter, according to the report.