- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- Circular of the Week: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Home Depot names new Canadian chief
- Lumber Liquidators hires OSH president as new COO
- At Bed Bath & Beyond, a strong Q3
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
An article in the New York Times reports that Sears' aggressive "Turf Wars" advertising campaign is part of a trend toward mentioning competitors by name.
Described as a marketing platform including social media and online video clips, The Sears Turf Wars campaign brings Lowe's and Home Depot into the picture.
In the promotion, Sears is guaranteeing the lowest price for its Craftsman tractors and mowers.