- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- Home Depot names new Canadian chief
- Circular of the Week: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Lumber Liquidators hires OSH president as new COO
- New Product Showcase: Building for the future
- Home Depot's Menear honored by City of Hope
Sears Holdings has announced that Kevin Holt, 49, will take on the role of executive vp-store operations.
The store operations group is one of five new “umbrella” units the company is creating as part of a reorganization process -- the others are brands, real estate, support and online.
Holt most recently served as executive vp-retail operations at multichannel big-box retailer Meijer, where he worked for 13 years. He has been with Sears since September 2007 as senior vp and chief effectiveness officer.
Most recently, Hoffman Estates, Ill.-based Sears Holdings reported net income and sales down for the fourth quarter and year ended Feb. 1.
For the quarter, the company reported net income of $426 million, down 47.5 percent from $811 million in the prior-year quarter. Net sales were $15.1 billion, down 6.8 percent from $16.1 billion from the previous year.